Wednesday, August 24, 2011

"I do. There. Ok let's move on...."

I will try so hard not to mutter those words on my wedding day. I will also try really hard not to put a paper bag over my head or take too many shots before walking down the aisle. I should have just included an insert with the invitations that said "Terms and Conditions: I will NOT look at the bride the entire day of the wedding. Do you accept these terms and conditions? Ok you can come." I.......HATE..... THIS.
I hate tradition. I hate formality. And I hate big groups of people. Ok now what does that spell??! W-E-D-D-I-N-G.Yep not a fan. I begged, BEGGED Shane for a courtroom wedding. Who can beat getting married for only twenty bucks? Shot down. So we have done our very best to make this overrated party casual. "*CASUAL DRESS" is in the invitation, lawn games, cattle, and a keg of Blue Moon will be included. The wedding party is wearing flip flops, the girls will be in Walmart sundresses (that's how I roll), and the dudes will be wearing polos. I will not have a veil, we will not have a wedding cake, and I will not be walking down the aisle to a classical version of Canon in D. Sorry folks. Not my style.
I am dreading this day without dreading this day. I can't wait to marry my best friend and reunite with old family and friends. All the other stuff are just details and will probably go unnoticed. Do you un-married people realize the decisions that go into a wedding? Holy geez. "Kate what color do you want this to be? What size do you want this to be? How many of these do you want? Where do you want him/her to stand? How will you do this? What time will this be?" AHHHHHH!!! Let's just wing it and pretend like we all know what we're doing. Bless my mother. She is working so hard and it's her top priority to see to it that I have my dream wedding. But Mom, my dream wedding is in the courthouse. ;-) Just kidding. Kind of. The stress is not so much from this stuff for me. The stress is what will we do with the dogs? Will Kynzie sleep? Will people realize "Oh, that baby has stranger anxiety. I should WALK AWAY."? Will people try to feed my baby their food? (Don't you dare.) Will the guests be comfortable? Will they feel awkward around people they don't know? Will they like the food? Will they notice how unorganized we are? Will they get our sense of humor?

So here's to you Wedding Day, you win.

No comments:

Post a Comment