Thursday, September 29, 2011

Our Wedding

I need to vent a little so bear with me.

Our wedding was perfect. It was simple, casual, fun, and relaxed. So many things went wrong that no one noticed. Which is so funny to me. Like I failed to put 2 or 3 people up on the seating chart (one of which got bitter over it which is really stupid), I couldn't find my keys for like 20 minutes before getting into my dress, I got lipstick all over my dress, I didn't have a toss bouquet, the wagon with the wedding party in it circled around the guests twice instead of stopping where we were supposed to take pictures, I almost forgot to grab my bouquet from Amber for the processional, whoever had my vows didn't remember to give them to the pastor so my brother had to run them up to the dock at the last second, the ringbearers refused to walk down the aisle, silas & kynzie went down the aisle to my song, shane and i held hands when we were supposed to link arms, i was stressing because apparently there was some provocative dancing and wardrobe issues on the dance floor, shane and i stood behind the mike instead of in front of it, the beer was out before we even got back from pictures (thanks to the guys who just stood by the bar and guzzled so the rest of the guests couldn't have any, including the bride & groom. nice.), makynzie wasn't handed to us for the processional or the reception entrance, and i could probably go on and on. But these things seriously didn't matter. Our day was perfect. We had a blast.

Having said that, we are so glad it's over. :-) We were so tired of planning and there was so much drama. I was running around with my head cut off when all I wanted was to just enjoy the day. Yep, people are mad at me for petty reasons. We didn't sit at their table long enough, they didn't hold Kynzie long enough, they were seated next to someone they didn't like, they didn't see us while they were in town except for the wedding day, we didn't invite their 5th cousin (exaggeration), etc etc. My response: cry about it. Just kidding. But seriously. My feelings were super hurt the week following. A LOT of "friends'" true colors came out. People didn't show up, people made obvious lies as to why they couldn't make it, people were rude, and some people had no class. Friends even LEFT because the beer ran out.
Unnamed "friend": Hey we're leaving
Shane & I: Oh really? How come? The reception just started!
"Friend": (in a "duh" tone) There's no more beer....
Ok cool. The door is right there. And while you're at it, suck my big toe.

We moved from Hendersonville to get away from the drama. About a month before the wedding we were nostalgic. We missed "Hendo" and the familiarity of it all. Yea.... needless to say we had a lot of reminders while we were there as to why we moved in the first place.

But whatever. All that to say, the venue was breath-taking, our photographer was incredible, and the day was exactly what we envisioned for our dream wedding. Thank you to everyone who had a hand in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment