Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Get it now. Don't think about it. Do it.

You will understand the title if you are a fan of "The Office."
Anyway, there's nothing I love more than blogs other moms post listing stuff that makes their lives with babies easier. Then I buy the recommended items and Aha! They make my life easier as well. I also want to remember these items for my future bambinos and I have horribleterrible memory so hopefully this will help as long as I remember I documented them on here....

This item is the bee's knees. I am borrowing it from my sister in law and it's such a blessing to my mommy life. I can put Kynz in it and watch the Ellen show clean the apartment or pee without a baby whining at me playing with the lotion bottle on the floor mat. But I'm a strong believer in buying nothing new when you have a baby. They will outgrow it in 5.443756 minutes and you can buy it used for a small fraction of the price at a consignment sale with twice as many germs as it would have new. And germs are good. :-)


Jump for Lights and Music Jumperoo


This next one looks like a huge gimmick/dog toy but I assure you it is not. Makynzie gets so excited over this thing she probably pees herself (can't see through the diaper to know for sure), it calms her "They are driving me to Baby Torture Land" car seat anxiety and soothes her teething pains. Who can say "no thanks" to all that? Also, my dogs now have another goal to mark off their bucket list. I think it goes something like this, "Chew the pillow corners, eat my weight in table scraps, lick every inch of the coffee table, shed every hair on my body, GET A HOLD OF SOFIE THE GIRAFFE." Buy it for your dog baby and you will see what I mean. You will.



Sofie the Giraffe Teether


This thing keeps Kynz occupied for 10-15 minutes at a time. Only downside is it's incredibly messy so we put a bib on her and keep wipes handy when we give it to her. And the only food that's mushy enough to work really well with it is bananas. Avocados probably would work well too but she doesn't care for them.


Mesh Teething Baby Feeder



If you have a baby who thinks the car seat is straight out of hell itself, this toy will help make hell a little more bearable. Betcha didn't know that was possible. It is with this thing. Granted the baby in the picture needs to have Go-go gadget arms to reach it with how high it's cruel parents placed it....




Bright Starts Hop Along Carrier Toy Bar



And the last thing I'll leave you with is this obnoxious talking dog. You hook her up to the computer and program your baby's name, favorite food, color, and pick from a wide variety of songs it will play. The dog sounds demonic when it says "Kynzie" but whatever, it makes her smile. And it plays like 5 different lullabies to put her to sleep. You'll know why I call it obnoxious when you hear it hiccup. But you win, Violet. You are a good thing.




Leap Frog My Pal Violet



So there ya have it. Now your baby daddies can't hate me. I bet if Shane had a quarter for every time I have said, "But we have to get it for her! So-and-so highly recommends it and it got great reviews!" we would be able to actually afford the gimmicks cool stuff I find. Get it now. Don't think about it. Do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment